Poster for Social justice within India Slums

IDS Lecture Series – 2016 Programme Forums Assignments 2011 Third assignment Poster for Social justice within India Slums

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jbavinc1 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

ACollier

I would like to do a poster about the social justice and hierarchy within Indian slums after the lecture last time. I would discuss the relationships in the slums before destruction and the benefits/disadvantages they produce. I would then compare these relationships with the social justice that happened once they had been rehoused and what implications this move had on the people involved. Looking at the human rights act, I would suggest how rights had not be upheld and what people in the hierarchical system were able to do. I am happy to edit my idea as it progresses as this a rough outline at this stage, and am looking for two people to join the group. Thanks

LLaysiepen

Great topic! I’m in! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Yes, great topic! It was very interesting during the lecture and my CALQ is about the referring text. I would like to join you ๐Ÿ™‚

ACollier

Great news! I think me and LLaysiepen are in the same work group wednesday 6-8pm, is that yours too as we can meet this week to discuss ideas?!

No, Iยดm in the work group thursday 8-10pm, and no time this week, because my sister is here to visit me. But next week would be great!

ACollier

Hi Guys
    We need to meet tomorrow to summarize the message for the poster. I am free to meet before the lecture if you would like to meet to discuss ideas and then we can load it up. Let me know as soon as you can thanks : )

ACollier

p.s my email is amds.2005@gmail.com so please email me and then we can start a group together

ACollier

OK guys meet at the lecture room at 6.30pm to discuss final proposal for tonight thanks

ACollier

Our main discussion will focus on the tenants relationships structures within the slums and its benefits and disadvantages. We will then compare these structures after relocation, concentrating on ideas such as social capital, infrastructure and school drop out rates. Our conclusion will highlight the social justice within both situations.

Hi, I wrote you an e-mail.
    Should we put the key message also on the section for the fourth assignment?

jbavinc1

Dear Indian slum buffs,
    You would clearly be building on the work of Joop de Wit (but remember, not exclusively so). Why don’t you get in touch with him for suggestions, and perhaps an interview?
    Good luck!
    Maarten

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.